Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious plan “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” has completed three years. He started the campaign on October 2, 2014 on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti. Here is the impact of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in the country.
Here is the current scenario of Modi’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in 10 points-
1. According to data, due to Swachh Bharat Abhiyan the situation of cleanliness has improved in the country, where the 39 cleanliness scenario has increased from 39% to 67.5%.
2. Since the implementation of this campaign, villages of Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand, Himachal, Jharkhand and Haryana have been declared open defecation.
3. According to Government officials, the target of the government will make 10 states of the country completely free from defecation by March 2018.
4. By 2019, the target of 1.20 crore toilets is to be constructed at a cost of 1.96 lakh crore.
5. According to official statistics, 2.47 lakh villages across the country have been made open-toileable till September 2017.
6. Though the biggest obstacle behind this campaign is that big states like Bihar and Uttar Pradesh are becoming more and more, where the progress of this campaign is showing very little.
7. Many times in UP, Bihar and Jharkhand, the force has been making headlines forcing the administration to implement this campaign.
8. Ranchi Municipal Corporation launched ‘Attack Bol, Lungi Open’ campaign against the first open defecator. Under this, the corporation officer gripped the people who defecated in the open and seized their lungs.
9. In Rajasthan, there was a great disturbance in the Clean India Mission. In the report it was revealed that in many villages, people also got reward from the government and did not even go to the fields for defecation.
10. Meanwhile, news of lack of fund for Clean India campaign came in. For this reason, the government has written a letter to all the companies and suggested to deposit 7 per cent of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds into Clean India Fund.
The prime minister said that, “success of the is the success of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is the success of people of the country and not to his government”.
He said that India had come a long way, still a lot remained before the Clean India campaign target could be achieved. Here is the tweet of Prime Minister Narendra Modi-
— PMO India (@PMOIndia) October 2, 2017
Now let us know in the comment section, on rating of 10, how much will you give to Narendra Modi for Swachh Bharat Abhiyan??